A major goal of the Eagles Band is to foster community interest in the arts and the performance of music throughout one’s life.
The Eagles Band is offering several monetary Music Awards to be awarded annually to members of the Eagles Band who demonstrate a commitment to lifelong participation in instrumental music.
Amounts of the awards will be up to $500 for college bound or college students majoring in music or participating in an instrumental ensemble sponsored by an educational institution and up to $250 for private lessons.
One must be a member of the Eagles Band for a minimum of one year, meet or exceed the minimum attendance requirements for rehearsals and concerts and be in good standing as demonstrated by acceptable participation in rehearsals and concerts and be one of the following:
- A band member of any age studying a band instrument.
- A senior in high school planning to major in music or to participate in an instrumental ensemble sponsored by the educational institution they are planning to attend
- A college student already majoring in a music field in college or participating in an instrumental ensemble sponsored by an educational institution
The Music Awards Committee will judge each applicant’s performance in the following areas:
- Musicality and Effort Extended
- Attendance at rehearsals and concerts
- Behavior at rehearsals and concerts
- Applications will be available February 1 and can be picked up from the Eagles Band Treasurer
- Applications should be completed and returned to the Eagles Band Treasurer by Sept. 30th
- Awards will be announced and payment given at the Colonial Concert in November